I hope everyone is safe & healthy, and enjoying their summer. The pack has been busy getting ready for our fall scouting season! Our next hike will be this Saturday, Aug. 15 at 10am.
We plan to do as many activities (pack & den meetings) outdoors throughout the fall. When winter arrives, we plan to move online to Zoom. In the Spring, we hope to go back to outdoor meetings as the state permits.
Any family that doesn’t feel comfortable participating in person is still welcome to join the pack. Your den leader can keep you up to speed with then den. Then, when we move online, you’ll be able to join us via Zoom. BSA has been allowing alternate activities so that cubs that “Scout at Home” will still have the option to rank-up in the Spring.
As difficult as this year has been, I have some unfortunate news. The BSA national and Northern New Jersey Council (NNJC) fees have more than doubled this year, to $126. When you return to scouting, please understand that, while we can control pack expenses, we cannot dictate what national and NNJC charge.
Yours in scouting,
Date: Nov. 3, 2019
Event: Ringwood Hunger Walk
Pack 96 scouts led the Ringwood Hunger Walk, carrying both the pack & American flags.
Activity: Sept. pack meeting
When: Fridday, September 20, 2019, 7pm
Location: St. Catherine Parish Center parking lot
- Fri. Oct 25 – October’s Pack Meeting is the Trunk or Treat (in costume) at Skyline Lakes Beach at 7pm, Parents bring candy for 50 or more & a decorated trunk, please.
- November 1-3 – Camping Trip
- Sat., Nov. 9 7am-3pm Scout day & football game at West Point $35 includes game (parking additional) Class B. https://www.armygameday.com/scoutday
- Popcorn sales & other fundraisers:
- Oct. 9 4pm-8pm Popcorn Show-and-sell outside Lakeside Diner (18 Ringwood Ave., near Skyline Lakes). Sign up via https://www.trails-end.com/
- Oct 9 All day Dine-to-donate at Lakeside Diner (yes, same place & date).. Mention the pack & a portion of your check will be donated to the pack. Class B or A uniform is encouraged.
- Oct 13 Show & Sell at ShopRite of Oakland
- Oct 19 Show & Sell at ShopRite of Oakland
- Oct 19 10am-5pm Popcorn Show-and-sell at Harvest Fest, Ringwood Botanical Gardens at Ringwood Manor $5 parking. Class A uniform.
- Oct. 24 Dine-to-donate at Maggie’s (CVS shopping center) 12pm-10pm. Dine-to-donate. Mention the pack & a portion of your check will be donated to the pack. Class B uniform is encouraged
Thanks so much to our Emergency Responders for making such a special meeting for or first pack meeting of the year! It was great to be outside.
Hello Pack 96ers! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving with friends and family. We have confirmed a date for the annual holiday caroling event!
Activity: Annual holiday caroling event
When: Tuesday December 11th, 2018, 6pm
Location: Lakeland Healthcare Center (25 5th Ave, Haskell, NJ 07420)
What to bring: Wear Class A uniform, bring a holiday hat & sleigh bells if possible
RSVP: Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018, please
Questions: contact Bob Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 962-7239
Upcoming events (at St. Catherines unless specified):
- Pack meeting, Fri., Dec. 21, 7pm (donations of lightly worn coats for a coat drive encouraged). Holiday hats welcome!
- Pinewood Derby car check-in, Fri., Jan. 25, 7pm
- Pinewood Derby pack meeting, Sunday, Jan. 27, 2pm
- Snow Tubing Thurs., Feb. 7, 6pm at Campgaw (more info at pack meeting)
- Pack Campout Sat., Feb. 9, 6pm at Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk, CT (more info at pack meeting)
Here are a selection of images from our campout at Lake Frederick in June, 2018: